Thursday, January 22, 2009

Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah

Hey There Delilah... How could you have missed this song? It was all over the radio, tv, movies, ipods, whatever. It was everywhere. I have to admit, when it first came out, I didn't care for it. It just seemed like another overplayed emo song to me. Eventually though, I gave it chance, and couldn't help but be touched by it. It's so heartfelt. You can't help but let it get to you. We've all been there.

A little after I started to really love this song, I met this guy. The first time we hung out together, we spent most of the time just talking in my car, with background music of course. We hit it off, to say the least. When it was time for goodbyes, I leaned in for a kiss.

I can honestly say that was most amazing kiss of my life. There was just so much passion, so much care. All the while, this song was in the background, the line "Oh, it's what you do to me" making my heart jump. I know it sounds silly, but that kiss made me realize that he was going to change my life, and well, he did. I moved in a week later, and we're still together to this day.

No comments: